Thursday, August 11, 2011

July Miriam's Kitchen

First, I want to apologize to everyone for my absense recently.  But here I am to get us caught up on C&W Philanthropy!

In late June, Coakley and Williams strengthened our partnership with Miriam's Kitchen by guaranteeing one volunteer shift per month.  We signed up for 3-4 volunteers for 1 breakfast shift on the 2nd Thursday of every month.  So far this has been going wonderfully!

July was our first monthly volunteer date and we immediately had a group of employees sign up from the Hilton Springfield.  We sent David Melugin, Kirstenn Reed, Joe Pancione, and Trey Talbot.  Based on the information I got out of the group they had a great time serving the Miriam's guests.

Please see David's beautiful description of his time spent at Miriam's:

"As always, I come away from Miriam’s with a renewed hope for mankind and myself. We are all here for each other and everyone you meet has been placed in your path for a reason. During my most recent visit, I was the cereal milk, salad & smoothie guy and a member of the busser crew. That was my contribution to the morning but the return on my efforts was tenfold. I was blessed by meeting a gentleman [unfortunately we are unable to list names of Miriam's guests]. We had a wonderful conversation about his life and how his love of knowledge keeps him motivated to see the sun rise. He spends many days reading and is fascinated by the Library of Congress. Although our encounter was brief in the scheme of things, [his] firm handshake and warm stare told me that our goodbye was only temporary. I look forward to seeing [him] again to continue my lesson from him in what makes a man, a man. Thank you [Miriam's guest], I am a better person for knowing you. I thank God that he put you in my path.
David"

Inspirational!  Thank you for such an amazing testimony David.  We all hope to have such an eye-opening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment